Thursday, July 21, 2011

my pregnant life

I'm 39 weeks today, which means I'm exactly one week away from my due date! Woohoo.  Here are some things I've observed from my pregnant life as of late:

1. Almost every time I call someone on the phone they answer.  I sense in peoples' voices when they pick up that they're hoping it's "the call" and that I'm going into labor, so they'll answer my calls even at awkward times.  I feel a bit bad when I have to say, "No, nothing yet..."

2. You know you're really pregnant when you break chair!  As I was sitting down for dinner I thought my stomach was going to hit the table so I stuck my booty farther back than I should have and sat down on the back part of the wooden chair and it snapped!  To my credit, the chair was old and frail.  I was not injured in the incident, except for my pride.  (Although, Tom did have to check my booty to make sure there were no splinters in it!)

3. Unrelated to being pregnant but exciting none the less, was the "surprise" birthday party my parents threw for me tonight.  I say "surprise" because I accidentally found out about it last night. My birthday was actually in May, but we never celebrated it because I was in Korea and my mom said we'd celebrate when I got back to the States.   So tonight was my delayed bday celebration! This year I successfully stretched out my birthday over two months! It was a really fun night.

1 comment:

JustJess said...

OK I have to tell you my chair-breaking story. When I was a summer welcome leader I was a part of a dating game skit in revue. I was choosing between 3 suitors (one went to MU). Every night I sat on one side of a partition and after I chose, I got up, ran to the other side and hugged the "winner." Well, about two weeks in, I went to stand up and the chair I was in collapsed out from under me. So there I was, on stage in front of hundreds of people, on the floor in a heap of wood that used to be a chair. I feel your pain, sister! Can't wait to meet your fun-sized mini human! Jess