Friday, July 8, 2011

Family Baby Shower

This past weekend Grandma Jean and Granny Jerre threw a baby shower that included both sides of the family. Tom's sisters, Jill and Lori, came in with their boys for the weekend, Leo and Mo respectively, so we also got to have some great family time before and after the shower.

Jill and Eli drove in from Chicago for the shower and we were especially excited to see them so we could meet their new addition, Leo, who was 8 weeks old when we met him. I love this picture! Tom was holding Leo and Leo let out a giant fart (like seriously, how does a small baby produce that loud sound?) while I was taking the picture. Tom's face is classic.
This boy is seriously cute.
Tom with our other nephew, Mo. Mo is almost two and he provided a lot of entertainment over the weekend.
Shower time! Here I am with the shower hostesses, my mom is on the left and Tom's stepmom is on the right.

Diaper cake!
Great spread of food:
This cake was so tasty.
Tom and the other boys left during the shower, but he was around in the beginning for a few pics with family. Here we are with my Grandma (in between Tom and I) and my Aunt Marlene.
Gift time...my brother and his girlfriend got us this funny onesie: "My Grandpa's airplane is faster than your grandpa's airplane." My dad is a pilot, so this was really fitting.
All the gifts...we were so blessed!
My aunts and cousins from my dad's side of the family.
My grandma, my mom, and I.
My sister-in-law, Jen, came in from Columbia for the day and one of the things she got us was this onesie, which her and Jim (Tom's brother) altered a bit. When they added "Uncle" they also made sure to change the "is" to "are" so as to teach our child proper subject/verb agreement. Love it!
The women on the Meyer side of the family. Jill (Tom's sister), Jen (sister-in-law), Jessie (Tom's step-sister), and Lori (Tom's sister).
Hang out time after the shower...I love this picture of Tom's dad, "Grandpa Meyer" with the two grandkids Mo and Leo.
The shower was really great and it was so fun to catch up with family. Tom and I have done a basic inventory of our baby goods and we're pretty much set! People have been so generous--thanks to all who came to a shower and/or have given us/Little Meyer gifts. I'm officially at 37 weeks, which is full term, so anytime Little Meyer would like to show up from here on out would be great with us!

1 comment:

Jewelyn said...

Wow you're soo close! I saw a box of pampers on the table. I know everyone eventually has their own preference but pampers newborn diapers fit our girlie the best. The huggies just didn't get tight enough. So I recommend those...although it probably just depends on the build of your baby. So excited for you guys!