Friday, April 9, 2010

congrats to my parents

We just got off skype with my parents and found out some exciting news....
My parents have officially put a contract on a new house!  Their house has been on the market for about 4 months or so and recently someone put a contract on their house and wants to move in at the end of April! WOW! So, my parents started house hunting immediately and found one they like in Platte City, which is just outside of Kansas City, MO.  This will be a great move for them because they'll be about a 45 minute drive from their parents (my grandparents) rather than 2-3 hours and they'll be 5-10 minutes from the airport where my dad works rather than 2+ hours. I know it will probably be a transition with a lot of mixed emotions for my parents.  My parents have lived in that house in Columbia since I was in 3rd grade, so it will be hard for them (and even for us) that Columbia will no longer be home base.  But I think there is also so much excitement in this; a cool new house, a convenient location, and lots of family near by! Not to mention, for Tom and I this means our parents will be living in the same place so that will make holidays and breaks that much easier to spend quality time with our families.  Here's a picture from inside their new house:

I can't wait to see the whole thing in June.
Congrats mom and dad! We're really happy for you and we're behind you in this.

2 comments:

Natalie "The Pampered Mom" said...

Awe, well, it's very exciting, except for the fact that we will miss them :)

Anonymous said...

This kitchen look gorgeous!!