Monday, March 23, 2009

It's the KBL ya'll...

Gotta give a shout out the now no longer existent ABA KC Knights. That's what the KBL reminded me of. It was awesome. I wish I could go to another game before the season ends but I don't think I'll be able to. I would compare the quality of basketball to decent Division I team. Not too bad. I also found out the there are some interesting rules in the league. For instance: 1) you can only have 2 non-Koreans on a team. 2) there are some sort of restrictions on when those two can be on the court at the same time (like they can be on the court together during the 1st and 4th quarters but only one at a time in the 2nd and 3rd). 3) There used to be (maybe still is) a rule that states any one foreigner cannot be over 208 cm (about 6-10) and the combined height of foreigners must not be over 400cm. I think they just want to make sure the foreigners don't take the spotlight off the Koreans. I mean, I guess it's the KBL for a reason...

Some pics: Nice kicks broThat is a "thunder." Yeah pretty intimidating. I know. Ju He-Jung...Baller...but one funky hair cut.

One of these things in not like the other...

Check out the dude in the white gloves. He was some sort of solo cheerleader.

Oh, wait there are the real ones...Check out the balloon launcher. It is wrapped around their whole torso.

The halftime show. Their tops say "skull" on them. Yeah, I don't know why either. Some of our basketball boys enjoying the halftime show.

Oh, in case you were wondering, Samsung lost.

No comments: