Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hong Kong and Back

Wow, it's been a while since we blogged. Sorry about that for those of you that may read regularly. Well last weekend I went to Hong Kong and attended an International Baccalaureate conference to learn more about a class I may teach next year. It was very informative and I am glad that I got to go. Hong Kong was nice the second time around too. I mainly did the conference until like 5 PM and then went and explored with the 4 other teachers that attended with me.

I would say the highlights of exploring were the food and market shopping. I think that KL had more in the way of fashionable shopping options (clothes, shoes, purses, wallets, belts, ties, etc.) but HK has more of the random electronic goods (head phones, CCTV cameras, mp3 players, etc.) and art work. I snagged a couple more 2'x3' oil painting for us to hang up in our place ($10-$15 US), a head lamp ($4 US), a camera case ($7 US), two pairs of in-ear head phones ($4-$6 US each), and a jade necklace for Bonnie ($10 US).

Food wise one night we broke up as a group and I went with the other math teacher on the trip to a German restaurant. It was awesome!!!!! I had some schnitzel, a German beer, fried potatoes, and of course sauerkraut. Delicious! It kind of reminded me of the sausage supper in Brinktown, MO. Not quite the same but at least close. I also had a fat piece of lasagna at a place called the Spaghetti House. It was actually like what you would expect back home. Very nice.

All in all it was a good trip but I am glad to be back in Korea. What can I say? I missed my wife.

No comments: