First off this has to be the quintessential Brad Pitt image. Bomber jacket, slicked back hair, sunglasses, motorcycle, chillin...Anyways, Bonnie and I just got back from seeing The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It was a most intriguing film. At first when it ended I thought, "huh, interesting story" and that was about it. But as we walked away we began to discuss some themes we saw in the movie. Death, the sea, sacrifice, being alone,and the one I found very intriguing... letting go. I thought the movie was riddled with this and I think there are a lot of people out there that really struggle with it. Maybe that is one of the reasons that the movie is so captivating to people. I would highly recommend the film and highly recommend discussing it with someone you love afterward. Most thought provoking...
"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates - but when it comes to the end, you have to let go. "
The image above was provided (unknowingly) by:
http://www.caimag.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/curious-case-benjamin-button-sunglasses-11.jpg
No comments:
Post a Comment