Saturday, July 27, 2013

E's 2nd Birthday

On July 22nd (yes, the same day as the royal baby's birth) Everett turned TWO!  We decided to do a very low key party with just immediate family that live near us.  The mini party started with some cake preparations.  The theme of the party was "planes, trains, and automobiles" because E loves anything that moves.  I decided to make a plane cake...I was pretty nervous, but I think it turned out okay.
Here was phase 1: 
I was only able to execute this because I am decent at following directions. This was the final product: 

Everett LOVES Thomas and all things trains.  He tried to eat the food off of his plate just so that he could look more at the image of Thomas! haha. 
Milky Way Race Cars.  We gave E one of these with his dessert and it was his first chocolate candy bar.  He especially enjoyed eating the M&M's off the Milky Way.

While I was working on dinner, Everett had some awesome time playing in the sprinklers and kiddie pool.



We tried to make the day full of Everett's favorite things, so after playing in the water (a beloved pastime) he had his favorite meal. Although not a very summery meal, we had spaghetti, meatballs, green beans, and homemade rolls. 

 Time for cake and ice cream!
 For reasons unknown to us Everett does not like the Happy Birthday song. We sang it for Tom, Gramps, and then Everett on their various birthdays over the past few weeks and every time Everett breaks out crying.  It's so odd!  
Mommy consoling E during the bday song.
Everett bounced back from the song quickly when he realized he was going to eat cake.  Tom also made homemade ice cream that was so good! (Sorry for the blurry iPhone pic)
Time for presents! 

E checking out his first Hot Wheels car. 
Aunt Jen and Uncle James got Everett a Thomas train that is remote controlled AND it actually puffs real smoke.  Normally toys that make a lot of noise kind of drive me nuts, but I have to admit this is one cool toy.  Everett, of course, LOVED it. 
He loved his new heavy duty dump truck and books from Granny and Gramps too!
E also scored a new helmet to go with a big gift he will be getting when we see Grandpa Meyer and Grandma Jean.  Safety first people!

We had a great evening celebrating our little man. We are so proud of our little two year old. 

No comments: