Tuesday, August 24, 2010

students

I'm going to take a moment to brag about my husband....

We've had quite a few scheduling conflicts at our school, and even though we are into our third week of classes schedules are still changing.  One of Tom's math classes is no exception to all these alterations and seven students were informed yesterday that they may need to move out of his class and into another section with a different teacher.  This is really not that big of a deal...

....Except for one student that Tom has taught for the previous two years.

After this one student was pulled out of Tom's class to be told about the schedule change the student came back and looked upset.  After a while Tom realized that she was crying so after class he pulled the student aside to check on how she was doing.  Her response: "Mr. Meyer, I don't want to change sections.  I want to stay in your class....I need you!!!"

How great is that?! Tom is such a great teacher.
And that concludes my shameless bragging about Tom.

In other student news...
A girl asked me if I wanted to try a really tasty snack.  I love free food, especially "really tasty food" so I of course took this student up on her offer.  After putting the snack in my mouth she tells me, "Do you like it?!  It's squid."

This student doesn't realize that most Americans don't really do squid, so I decided to grin and bear it.   After all, I do appreciate her thoughtfulness.  I don't appreciate her squid. It was gross.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This reminds me of the episode of Glee where Rachel falls in love with Mr. Schuester and then Mr. Schuester has to tell the student to stop being crazy because that would never happen. I think Tom is Mr. Schuester here and I hope he told said student to stop being crazy!

Also, squid is gross, but I would happily eat some squid again if it meant that I could also get some Takkalbi...oh, how I miss thee.