Thursday, August 5, 2010

Italy--Part 3

Our last big stop in Italy was the Cinque Terre, which means "Five Towns."  These five little towns are located on the northwest coast of Italy on the Ligurian Sea.  We stayed in Vernazza, which was the fourth little town in the set of five.  The Cinque Terre is incredibly beautiful and is the home of pesto!
Above is one of the first towns.  One morning we hiked from the first town to the fifth town, and it took about five hours.  This was such a fun hike.  I felt like I was in the movie the whole time I was at the Cinque Terre.  Below is Carly, MK, and I before we started our hike.
Hiking path along the coast:
My handsome husband and I on the hike:
This is Vernazza, the town we stayed at. 
This is a hang out area at our hotel.  How great is this?!
Tom and I had a date night at this great restaurant.


Outside the restaurant.
At the Cinque Terre Tom and I decided for the first time in our lives that we like tomatoes. 
Vernazza had their founders day while we were there so we also got to experience a fireworks show at night.  It's hard to see in this picture but there were a ton of people crowded around the beach for the firework show.

Next Stop: Switzerland

2 comments:

Stewart Family said...

i love the pics! wow!

Hattie said...

Sooooooooooo romantic, totally like something out of a movie. This sold me...I'm going someday!