Blogging about Europe is done, our big pre-school year Costco trip is completed, a week of meetings/planning is over, and now it's time for the first day of school! Two years ago my first year at GSIS (which was also my first year as a teacher) seemed terrifying. Like for real...terrifying. This year I think the word to describe our emotions going into tomorrow is...excited. I know the school year will bring with it a lot of work and at times bumps along the way, but I feel really excited to be a part of this community. I can't wait to see our students tomorrow. I can't wait to use some of my new school supplies (as my parents know...I love school supplies!). I can't wait to get into a rhythm of life again.
Summer was incredible, and part of me is of course sad to see it end. But it is also incredible to be a part of a mission and to have a chance to work. Being in the states this summer was a sober reminder that we are very blessed to have jobs right now, especially jobs that mean so much more to us than just "punching the clock."
I'm the type of person that tends to think quite often "the grass is greener on the other side." And as Tom and I were hanging out at a coffee shop together journaling and reading I was struck with the reality that I feel content. Although contentment is a welcome visitor I can't say it has become a constant companion in my life. But I'm hoping this year will be a year where I can feel purposeful, settled, at peace, and content more often than not.
Here's to year 3 at GSIS. I'm excited to see what is to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment