Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hong Kong final thoughts

So we have returned safely from Hong Kong and can now breath a bit easier. I posted another 50ish pictures on the Hong Kong slide show so feel free to check those out. The night after the last post Bonnie and I went out to a nice dinner at a very energetic, pricey, and pleasant "Surf and Turf" restaurant as our guide book called it. It was great and the food looked like it was straight out of Top Chef on Bravo. After dinner we walked across the street and strolled down a boardwalk that ran along the harbor. It was really cool because that night there were a ton of locals out because of a holiday. People had all kinds of glow sticks and toys and candles and such.

The next day I took a 1/2 hour ferry ride to an island near Hong Kong and did some hiking. It was pretty cool because there were no roads on the whole island. Just concrete walking trails. I visited a couple beaches along my 4 to 5 km hike and then caught a different ferry on the other side of the island and made my way back to the hotel.

That night Bonnie and I went up to the "Peak Tower" to catch a really cool night time view of the city. It was absolutely amazing and the video and pictures do not do it justice.

We slept in the next day bummed around the area near our hotel and then made the journey home. I don't care how many times I go through customs. I think I will always feel like Jason Bourne. That was our journey. Thanks for reading and posting comments! We love those.

No comments: