Friday, September 12, 2008

Arrival in Hong Kong

Well, we made it to Hong Kong. This is just one of the tons of huge buildings in this crazy city. Hong Kong itself does not encompass a large amount of area, but it does bring a new vision of a city built vertically to my eyes. Sorry Jill, Adam, and MK but in my opinion the urban environment in Hong Kong is even greater than in downtown Chicago. I'll try to make another slide show when time permits so you can check out more pics of the city.

So we got in yesterday in the early afternoon, quickly grabbed some lunch and headed out to do some shopping. Korea doesn't really have the cheap shopping (from what we've seen so far), but Hong Kong on the other hand... yeah, it's got that going on. Bonnie got a Goach (like the Coach purses with C's all over them but his has G's) for about $11 USD. She also got some nail polish, pens, and jewelry each of those things was about $2 to $4 each.

I'm hoping to do some more exploring today. I'm going to try to find some cheap camera accessories. Maybe a new teacher (messenger) bag. Tangent: Never buy a Swiss Army brand bag. They are crap. Buy their knives. The Swiss know how to cut stuff and make gadgets but bags...nope. Anyway, I'm in the market for a new messenger bag and maybe a heavy duty backpack for some possible intense summer traveling. That's all for now. Hopefully I'll update more later and even get some pictures up.

1 comment:

JustJess said...

I totally agree on that swiss army bag comment. My work bag was from swiss army and it split in 6 months! Always entertained by the updates!