Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hong Kong Day 2

So yesterday Bonnie started her conference and I headed off to begin exploring Hong Kong. I found out some interesting things. #1 fast food is cheaper (and faster) here. You can get a McD’s breakfast extra value meal for about $2.50 and lunch/dinner for about $3.75. The quality of food tasted about the same too. You can also get a cone for $.33, a shake for $1.25, and a McFlurry for $1.25. That is so awesome I can't even explain it. One negative about eating here in Asia is that chicken is a little funky. For the most part I don’t think they do cuts of meat here. I envision them taking out a butcher knife and just getting after the chicken. Then it gets cooked bones and gristle and all. Don’t get me wrong it still tastes great it’s just most of the time I can’t pinpoint what part of the bird I am eating. Anyway, on to more interesting things…

I explored the more downtown part of HK and then went to hit up “knock off alley” as I have dubbed it. Downtown had a lot of big buildings but on the whole wasn’t too fascinating to me. I'll post a new slide show on this sometime soon.

Knock off alley on the other hand was pretty cool. I went early in the day and then Bonnie and I went back later in the evening and fleeced the place, or was it the other way around? Time will tell. I got a nice midsized hiking backpack for about $25. Bonnie got a “D & G” leather purse for about $25. She got a pendant necklace for $2.50. We got a set of place mats for $5.75 and a 2’ by 3’ painting of a traditional Hong Kong market for $10. Oh, I also got a mini tripod for my camera for $2.50.

I think we may do a little bit more shopping in the coming days but Saturday was a good day. That’s all for now. As soon as blogger stops being dumb I'll post that slide show.

No comments: