I was sitting at a new coffee shop getting ready to do some grading and a lady started to chat with me. While this may be normal in America it is actually quite rare here when you are a foreigner with limited Korean abilities. So this lady saw me wearing my school lanyard (I'm a nerd a wore it in public) and it turns out she has a child in the elementary school where I teach. We chatted for a while and I enjoyed having an English conversation with a complete stranger, and then I hunkered down to keep grading. After a while of working this lovely treat was brought to my table, courtesy of my new English speaking friend.
In the grand scheme of life this chocolate treat wasn't that expensive but her random act of kindness meant so much. In fact, it made my day. Loving people (strangers even) in little ways has a big impact. I'm excited to return the favor to another person in the future. Thank you random stranger! You rock!!!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment