Saturday, August 13, 2011

Everett Update

Tom made it safely to Korea! Yeahhh!!!  I think his flights went smoothly and he's excited to be back in our apartment.  Thanks to all those who prayed for safe travels for him! Here's a picture of Tom and Everett right before Tom left: 
After I took Tom to the airport, I went with my parents to Babies R Us.  Now that is one dangerous store to go to with Granny Jerre!!!  We've noticed that Everett has been watching ceiling fans quite a bit, so despite the fact that I personally think they're a little cheesey, we decided we should get the little man a mobile.  The one we got him is pretty cute; it's a mix of animals and sports.  My dad was able to hook it up to the pack n' play and I think Everett really likes it!  As you can see, it helped lull him to sleep here:
 You'll also notice in the picture that Everett broke out of his swaddler!!! A swaddler is a blanket like thing that Velcro's to keep the baby all bundled up.  As you can see here, Everett is getting strong and when I came to check on him he had busted himself completely out!
In other Everett news, today we went to Great-Grandma Johnson's house and Everett got to meet his Great-Aunt Marlene for the first time.
 Me, Aunt Marlene, Everett, and Grandma.
 We've also noticed that Everett is starting to suck his thumb at times.  It's hard to see in this picture, but his thumb is in his mouth and he puts the rest of his hand over his face.  I have to admit, it's a pretty cute site even though we're trying to deter him from being a thumb sucker.
Disclaimer: I apologize in advance if I blog an overwhelming about Everett over the next couple of weeks.  I'll try to contain myself but keep in mind that since I'm on maternity leave, hanging out with Everett is all I do AND Tom is away and I want to make sure to post a lot of pictures/events on the blog so he doesn't miss out.  :-)

On an exciting note, now that Tom is in Korea we'll be blogging here from opposite sides of the world!

1 comment:

Chaplori said...

Bonnie, you just post away! You're a proud new momma and no one will hold it against you. Plus we love to see all the updates.