Grammy Jo,
I just found out that you are no longer with us. I am excited when I think about you being free from suffering and that you are hanging out with Jesus. But right in this moment I'm pretty sad. It's not that I wish for you to stay here, especially considering how much you've struggled physically the last few years and considering that you are now in a far better place, but we just love you and it hurts to lose you.
It's been hard to watch you battle Alzheimers. Thank you for your courage in fighting it. It's a scary, hard disease and you fought well. I felt so inspired by you when my mom shared with me about the day you left home and moved into Garden Terrace. She told me how you would just hold your rosary and say, "When I feel sad I just pray." You always stayed positive...I'm not quite sure how you did it, but even when things were rough you continued to smile and pray. Today, my mom and I talked how much you were a woman of faith, which is something I know to be true of you but yet I never really got a chance to ask you much about it. The Bible talks about how when we love Jesus, God bears fruit in us--"the fruit of the Spirit." Galatians 5:22-23 says, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." When I look at each of these characteristics I feel like they describe you. Your life lived well was evidence of your faith. You overflowed with patience, love, gentleness, and peace.
We will miss you Grammy Jo, but I am so thankful for all the time I did get to spend with you. You are deeply a part of who God has made me to be thus far, and I'm very thankful for that.
I am sorry I wasn't there to say goodbye in person, but I know this is how God wanted it to be for me and for you. Know that even though I will not be present at your funeral I will be mourning your absence and celebrating your life while I'm here in Korea.
I think this describes you well...
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:7
Love,
Bonnie Ann
3 comments:
praying for you, bonnie. my grandma also graciously battled alzheimers disease. i'm sorry that you're so far away and pray that you know the nearness and comfort of Jesus.
I'm so sorry Bonnie, let us know if tehre is anything we can do.
Sorry to hear about your loss! Love the scripture in Timothy--that was my inspiration during my mission in Korea, to do my best to the end. We lost Grandma Tucker to Alzheimer's in 2008. Dealing with such a disease is a rough experience for everyone involved. Sure hope your family is doing okay!
Post a Comment