Friday, January 8, 2010

grandparents





Over break I got to spend some time with my grandparents. It was great because my parents, brother, Tom, and I all got to go together to visit our grandparents. Our first stop was to visit my grandpa, "Papa" as we call him. It was great to see him and I look forward to seeing him in June when we're home for summer. After Papa we went to see my Grammie Joe. She's in the advanced stages of Alzheimer's, which made visiting her difficult but important. Even though Alzheimer's has changed her I have so much respect and love for the woman I know her to be.

Lastly, we went to see my other grandma, Grandma Bonnie (or just Grandma as I call her). Surprisingly some of my other cousins came with their kids so there was a house full of people. It was so fun to see them all. This break Tom and I tried to focus our energies on spending quality time with family. I feel like it was a really rich break in that regard.

No comments: