Well today we begins our first day of parent teacher conferences. They run this afternoon, this evening and tomorrow afternoon. The upside is that there are no classes to plan for and it is often fun meeting students parents. The downside is that it makes for a long day today.
In the past I have always kind of tried to make things sound like they were okay with every kid. You know, even though the kids is a huge slacker and puts forth zero effort I say something like, "Well, Billy should try to use his class time more wisely and try to participate in class a little more." This is completely accurate but way too nice for the kids like that. I'm going to try to be more real and say something like, "on a scale from 1 to 10 your child's effort, potential and overall societal worth is about a 2.5 at this point in his life." Too harsh? Maybe. Maybe it will be more like, "Your student regularly sleeps in class, fails to complete homework, and he never asks me questions."
That sounds more reasonable. We'll see how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment