We have done a horrible job staying on top of the blog this summer, so I thought I'd do a quick roundup of the highlights of the past few weeks.
This is the first picture we took while back in America. Tom's dad surprised us with a "Welcome home" cookie cake! We actually ended up taking the cake all the way to Dallas with us because didn't have time to eat it in KC.

We went to Dallas for our friend Isaac's wedding. While in Dallas we went to the 6th Floor Museum which covers the JFK assassination. The "X" on the street is where he got shot. Creepy.

Isaac and Becky had their reception at the American Airlines Museum. It was a great time. Isaac taught with Tom and I in Korea. He is moving to Thailand now to teach with his wife. We'll miss him in Korea.


After Dallas we made it back to Missouri, went to Royals baseball game, and went to the Lake of the Ozarks with friends for the 4th of July. At the lake we "coved out" and went to a winery with our closest friends.

When in Nepal I got my friends Sherpa hats. I think they looked pretty cool!

I also got my hair did. Getting your hair cut at home is one of those things you really value after you've lived in a foreign country.

Tom, Mary Kate, Adam, and I also went camping. MK and I would camp and sleep outside all the time in college and this was the first time we got to go as a group with our husbands.


We still have a few weeks left and so far being at home has been refreshing and fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment