Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Goodbye Honda Accord


Well as mentioned below we sold the Honda that we used to drive. It was sad to see it go but nice to get some spare $. So here's the story:

We put the car in the paper on Sunday and finally got our first call on Tuesday morning. The dude was obviously foreign and a little difficult to understand but I was able to answer the guy's questions. He wanted to see the car but didn't have a way to get to me so Bonnie and I drove to downtown Columbia to his place.

He was a really nice 25ish year old Chinese man. He gave the car a thorough look over and decided to take it for a test drive. As we start driving down the road I begin to realize that he's not the worlds greatest driver which he confirms by saying, "I'm not very good driver. I just have learners permit."

Our eye light up like head lights and I ask, "Ohhhh, are you going to take the driving test?" He resoponds, "Oh yes, I took this morning. I did not pass." My pulse begins to pick up and I feel Bonnie clutch my outside shoulder as we turn north on Providence. As we drive up Providence I'm feeling pretty nervous and he keeps tapping the accelerator and says that he wants to go faster. I mention that I-70 is just ahead and he can just hop on there for a second.

As he begins to turn onto the on ramp he mentions, "I never drive on the highway before." I'm thinking "WHAT!!! Are you kidding me!?!? Please let this go okay." He gets on the on ramp and basically comes to a complete stop. I hurridly tell him, "You should speed up here." He does and everything thankfully goes according to plan. Eventually we make it back to his apartment.
He ended up taking the car in to get it inspected on Thursday and we agreed to a price and sold the car. Oh and he did pass his driving test on Wednesday with a 76. One point better than my score of 75.

1 comment:

Zachbot3000 said...

Just for the record Adam Osborne failed his driving test on his first try too.