Guess who got taken off of his oxygen today???!!!!
After we got moved to the pediatric ward (yeah!) and into a private room (double yeah!) they took the IV out of his hand (well...really it stopped working after we changed his clothes and moved it around too much) and they moved it to his foot. This is great because baby boy loves chewing on his hands (evidence seen above) but it does make changing him a bit more complicated.
We chatted with the doctors this morning. All three that we've been working with said that he sounds better today than yesterday but his lungs still have the wheezing/crackling sound. I think we'll be staying at the hospital until all that clears up.
Also, for the first time since we've been here the doctor said..."Don't worry. He'll be okay." It's taken three days of being at the hospital but finally we've been given some comfort! The doctors said it will still be a few more days before we go home, and they're going to run more blood work and take x-rays tomorrow to see how he's progressed.
I feel like I won't be completely at peace with all this until his lungs sound clear, but for now I'm finding comfort in the Lord and the fact that he keeps showing signs of improvement.
Thanks again to all for your love. Keep the prayers coming...specifically that his lungs would clear.

No comments:
Post a Comment