Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day

I had an unexpected gift from my husband today; he brought me flowers for Mother's Day! He said even though our little one isn't born yet he still wanted to get me a little something to celebrate the day.  What a guy! This week we also celebrated hitting the 28 week mark, which means we've arrived at the third trimester.   So far everything is still going well. 

I don't say it enough, but I have one awesome mom!  Mom, now that I'm pregnant and am getting ready to have a kid-o I feel like I have a whole new level of appreciation for all that you've done for me.  Thanks for going through the morning sickness, the smelly diapers, taking me to/from countless practices, helping me plan a wedding, giving my dog a home when he needed one, and I'll thank you in advance for all the motherly advice you'll give me after Little Meyer is born.  Happy Mother's Day!

4 comments:

Sara said...

1. You are just about the most adorable with that 28 week belly. Stop it. Really!

2. Your mom is the bomb.com.

Jerre said...

In the famous words of Grandma Celia, " Oh, Tom!" What a great guy; couldn't have found a better husband or son-in-law if I had picked him out myself for you, Bonnie Ann! He'll be a great daddy too.
I was just thinking of you and Tom this morning as I was browsing through my "Mom" garden spot...my rosebush that you sent me for Mother's Day last year has lots of buds and is getting ready to pop.
I'm very proud of you and your brother and grateful everyday that God brought you & James into our lives! Also proud of Tom and Jennifer too :) Congratulations to both of them as they complete their masters programs and graduate this spring.
With Lots of Love, Mom

Doe said...

What an adorable picture. I can feel the love!!!!!

molly.e.gibbons said...

This is a great post Bonnie - your mom is great!! And you'll be a great one too :)