Monday, April 18, 2011

High School Retreat 2011

This past weekend Bonnie and I traveled to a camp about 3 hours drive from our home with 90 high school students for our annual high school retreat. It was a great time as it always is. Here are some photos of the highlights:
All of our kids in the auditorium gearing up for our first chapel.

Throughout our time there we got to take part in a handful of leisure activities. Our group's first activity was the ropes course/zip line. Bonnie took pics while I participated.
One of our students on the course.

Then our group went on a bike ride and Bonnie and I opted out (pregnancy and all) and decided to take in the scenery.
Our bike riders crossing the bridge.
Nature!
Though there weren't any good pictures to capture it, our Saturday night was spent enjoying an entertaining talent show and a warm and cozy bonfire. The next morning our group had some team building exercises.
Some stretches and jumping jacks to warm up.
This was a tough one. I think you can see the golf ball rolling down the chute.

It was a great time and though it was tiring I think our kids really enjoyed it. I know we did. I 'll leave you with a couple picks of our students enjoying their time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

um -- where were you guys!? that looks like our old neck of the woods...