Monday, March 14, 2011

3.14

March 14th is a special day for some but answers may vary in regards to what makes it so special. My mathematically inclined husband would tell you that today is Pi Day (3.14...).  However, in Korea this day is more commonly celebrated as "White Day."

White Day is kind of like Valentine's Day.  On Valentine's Day in Korea the girls are suppose to buy a gift for her special guy, and on White Day the guys are suppose to buy a special gift for his girl.  When I woke up this morning I thought about the fact that it was White Day, and I secretly hoped Tom would surprise me with a special something.  But alas, he didn't even mention it as we got ready for work and headed to school.  Then when I walked into my classroom at school these were waiting for me:
Not only were the pretty but they smelled so great!  Tom did a great job.  :-)

I also thought I should give a quick pregnancy update, especially for one of our newest blog followers--my Grandpa ('Papa').
(Please forgive the sweatpants look...it has been my comfortable "after work" attire.)  I'm at 20 weeks, so we're half through the pregnancy!  Things have been going well.  I'm feeling pretty good and fairly energized.  Our next appointment/ultrasound will be in about two weeks.  At that point we should be able to announce the gender of Little Meyer!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on your pregnancy bonnie meyer ^_*

hope i'll experience it too in the future.

love to follow your blog...both of you are so sweet and loving couple..

Sara said...

what a cute preggie. i was just about to send a demanding email regarding bump pics.

Jewelyn said...

super cute pic! and love that your hubby did something for white day! i was telling cody about that tradition on valentine's day. so fun!

Kelly Wells said...

I can't believe you are half way already.

I love the idea of White Day and it is the day before my birthday so that makes it even more special!!

Chaplori said...

You are the cutest!! Tom is one great guy, isn't he? You guys are the perfect match. I'm pumped for your next ultrasound. I've been brainstorming baby names and for boys I seem to be stuck on the "K" sound. Cole might be nice. Who knows. Girl names are tougher, but I like the old fashioned ones.