This afternoon we dropped my dad off at the airport so he could head back to the States. He was flying standby, so it was a bit nerve wracking but he was able to make it on his flight and is currently crossing the Pacific Ocean. I know that I will see him (and other family/friends) in a little over two months when we return June 2nd, but it was a bit sad to say goodbye. We really loved having my dad spend the week with us. It was so fun for us to have him see our lives here, and at the same time embrace Korean culture so openly. He was such a risk taker and was always up for a Korean adventure.
Right after we got back to the apartment from the airport it suddenly started to rain and even snow! Crazy and unexpected! I guess Korea was a sad to see my dad go too.
Thanks for a great week Dad!

3 comments:
Wow! I've been out of town and fell behind on my blog reading. Love all the posts about your adventures with your dad. Makes me so nostalgic. Thanks for sharing!!
Really enjoyed this blog series. Took me back to my days in the ROK.
Jewelyn and Isaac--thanks for the comments. We did our best to show him all the highlights of the Seoul area. It was fun for Tom and I too because we hadn't ever been to some of those Korean tourist sites--like the War Museum and the Folk Village. For breaks we always leave Korea, so it was a different experience to actually stay here and enjoy the ROK.
Post a Comment