My parents sent us a lot of love in the form of a big care package. Check out our spread...!
As a teacher, I constantly ask my students to take a source document and analyze its contents. So this has inspired me to ask the question, what can you learn about Tom and I from this package? What can you learn about my parents? Here are some observations I think I would make:
A. 3 boxes of cereal. Really...THREE BOXES flew across the Pacific Ocean??!!! Yes, my friends, it is true and this reveals that my husband is obsessed with American cereal (he's come a long way because usually he asks for sugar cereals like Captain Crunch).
B. Canned pumpkin, evaporated milk....hm...this must mean THANKSGIVING IS NEAR!
C. Cans of beans = it's FALL and its time for chili and soups! (I will refrain from any bean jokes.)
D. Weird cup? What could my parents be thinking? I can get weird cups in Korea. My parents are innovative and inside this magical cup are home made Monster Cookies that are surprisingly well intact despite the long journey.
E. Jiffy Cornbread Mix. It's the best. There's nothing else to analyze here.
F. Slow cooker liners..hm...what are these things? This shows my naiveté on the intricacies of using a crock pot. I have so much to learn from my mom in the kitchen!
G. Fiber Bars. Hm....I'm not sure I want the general public to analyze this one.
H. Guilty Pleasures. I love chocolate and peanut butter (Come on Korea, why are you anti-Reeses?!). And Halloween must be near if I'm getting quality candy like this!
I. Hobby Lobby Turkey = a hint to decorate my house in seasonal themes?
J. Kansas City Chiefs plates and napkins. This is easy to analyze...my husband loves the Chiefs!
K. Coffee supplies. It is true, I am a coffee addict. But it is also true that I have been drinking a lot of decaf coffee lately, hence the need for the coffee to come from America (Korea doesn't do decaf).
All in all this is a QUALITY care package. Thanks Mom and Dad.

2 comments:
beautiful spread... well done Jerre. crock pot liners will change your life and save you hours of scrubbing!
this picture is beautiful! sigh, i am coveting your gifts!enjoy!
Post a Comment