Background knowledge: Ever since we bought our car back in September our door locks will randomly spasm and lock themselves when we lift door handles, shut doors, breath heavy and make other sudden movements.
So the other day Bonnie is driving our car. As our friend Lori-Ann is pulling the passenger door handle the interior handle just decides to detach itself from the door. This made our car just a little more ghetto than it already was because we had to start rolling down the window to open the door from the exterior handle.
A couple days later I go to unlock the passenger door for Bonnie (chivalry). The locks start to spasm and automatically re-lock after every time I try to unlock the door. I decided to get smart and keep the key in the unlock position as I lifted up on the door handle at the same time. This action proceeded to disconnect the exterior door handle and thus the passenger door no longer opened at all.
I think Bonnie should have started getting in and out the Dukes of Hazzard way but she opted to start riding taxi cab style. We decided that we should pull the trigger and get the door repaired. I was a little leery because we had an automatic door lock problem on our Accord and I think it cost around $150 to fix each door.
The school mechanic takes the car to the shop for us today and brings it back later in the day. When I go down to pay for it he is really apologetic because it was more expensive than he thought it would be. It was $55. I was totally cool with that considering my door lock repair past. Then he relays to me that the reason it was so expensive is because when they went to fix the passenger door they found out that the automatic locks we also broken so they fixed that too.
BOTH DOORS FOR $55! Amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment