First off if you have never experienced the jet lag that comes with traveling across at least 10 timezones you really must sometime in your life. There is really nothing quite like it. It is like a war between what your mind knows you need to do and what your body wants to do.
So today Bonnie and I met my brother, his wife, my aunt Lisa, and my Grandma for lunch at one of our favorite places to eat in Columbia, Flatbranch. It is a delightful bar that brews their own beer and has a great menu. It is probably the restaurant in Columbia that Bonnie and I have eaten at the most. We had a great time hanging out, talking, and eating some great food.
My grandma is amazing. She has such a joyful and pleasant personality. She really is one of the sweetest and most precious people I have ever met. So as we are wrapping up our meal the conversation drifted to cats. My bro has a cat, Claudius Frixie, my sister Jill has a two cats, and my grandma has a black cat that frequents her house out in the country. Well she is telling us about this and the sentence that made me crack up as much as I can remember recently went something like this:
"I was trying to think of a name for that cat and I remembered my friend had a black cat that she called 'black beauty' and I thought that was okay but I thought I would just name that cat 'Obama.'"
My grandma has black cat that roams around her house out in the country that she has named after our president elect. I love it.
So today Bonnie and I met my brother, his wife, my aunt Lisa, and my Grandma for lunch at one of our favorite places to eat in Columbia, Flatbranch. It is a delightful bar that brews their own beer and has a great menu. It is probably the restaurant in Columbia that Bonnie and I have eaten at the most. We had a great time hanging out, talking, and eating some great food.
My grandma is amazing. She has such a joyful and pleasant personality. She really is one of the sweetest and most precious people I have ever met. So as we are wrapping up our meal the conversation drifted to cats. My bro has a cat, Claudius Frixie, my sister Jill has a two cats, and my grandma has a black cat that frequents her house out in the country. Well she is telling us about this and the sentence that made me crack up as much as I can remember recently went something like this:
"I was trying to think of a name for that cat and I remembered my friend had a black cat that she called 'black beauty' and I thought that was okay but I thought I would just name that cat 'Obama.'"
My grandma has black cat that roams around her house out in the country that she has named after our president elect. I love it.
1 comment:
Hi Tom and Bonnie,
I hear you on the jet lag. It's 5AM and I haven't slept at all tonight...
Glad you're having a good holiday!
Laura
Post a Comment