Friday, December 19, 2008

Coming to America

Not just a semi-entertaining movie staring Eddie Murphy, it is also a fact. We are coming to America very soon. We leave at 6pm this Saturday and get into KC at 9pm this Saturday. I love time zones changes. I love that Bonnie still doesn't understand the International Date Line. I love traveling. I love Shakespeare's Pizza, Shakey's, Margarita's, Chipotle, Walmart, QuikTrip, Flat Branch, and America in general.

We are officially done with school for first semester! We submitted our grades, said bye to our friends, and now we just need to pack our bags. Some highlights from the week:

Saturday we had our last b-ball game for a while. It was pretty bad for the boys. We looked okay but the other team was pretty good. As I've mentioned before the officiating is very bad. Well this game we thought it was especially bad and throughout the game Coach Currey made sure the officials knew that. Well at one point the back official is near our bench and coach very calmly and evenly mentions to him that the foul calls are currently are at a 2-1 ratio against us. The official proceeds to T him up. Well coach thought that was pretty lame so he gets fired up and starts shouting. He then turns towards a chair and at this point I get up thinking restraint may be necessary. He bends to pick it up and I decide restraint will be necessary. He instead picks up a clipboard and chucks it at a wall. Thankfully he didn't get kicked out. I have no clue what I would have done. Pretty funny scene looking back on it though.

Tuesday we went to Outback with about 140 people from our school for a Christmas dinner. We paid for our own meal but the school got soup, salad, and appetizers. Fantastic.

Wednesday Bonnie and I went out and had more Shabu-shabu and then I got together with some of the guys at our school and watched American Beauty. Very interesting flick.

Thursday night our PTA President took the whole staff our to dinner to thank us all for a great first semester. Amazing.

That was about it. See you soon. Hopefully we'll keep this up even when we are back in America.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats Tom and Bonnie!!!

Tom, I love that you are getting a taste of coaching!!!

See you all soon.