"Oh, Bonnie...that's unique. I don't know many Bonnie's."
"Thanks. I'm named after my grandma."
Part of my identity has always been (and always will be) being a part of the legacy of my grandma, Bonnie Johnson. She was the best definition of a matriarch, and she had the unique ability to make every child or grandchild feel like they were her favorite (although, my brother would tell you that I was the true favorite...haha!). On Monday evening my grandma passed away. The loss for our family is significant, but there is so much peace in knowing she is with Jesus and she is healed. She passed away just shy of her 99th birthday. You can read more about her here, but simply put she was one awesome, classy, strong lady.
![]() |
| My grandma was a classy lady. She even wore dresses and nice shoes to go fishing. Here she and I are before a family wedding. |
![]() |
| This is my grandma, mom, and me in front of the first house I lived at in St. Joseph, MO. |
![]() |
| My brother and I spent so much time with our grandparents growing up. |
When I was 17 I wrote a short essay to win a $5,000 scholarship at Mizzou. My mom has kept it all these years and it seems fitting to share now.
Who is the most influential person in your life?
So far in my life I have been very fortunate to have been blessed with loving parents and amazing mentors and friends. Numerous people are responsible for helping to mold me into the person I am today; however, none have had a more influential impression on my life than my grandma.
My grandma is my eighty-seven year old hero that has taught me how I want to live the rest of my life. Society may label her as "elderly" but she has never quite fit the definition. She drives a large, white pick-up truck so she can go "mudding" (her term for four-wheel driving on her farm) and she loves to fish into the late hours of the night. My grandma is stubborn and strong willed, qualities that make us so similar, but more importantly she is loving and persistent. Her inability to age has taught me what it means to be forever young and to love every minute God blesses us with. However, it is not just her love for life that I find so impressive, it has been her ability to persevere through it that I find so amazing. This pas year my aunt, one of my grandma's three daughters, died of cancer. At the age of seventeen I'm far from being married and having kids, but even I know that no parent ever wants one of their children to go before them. The grief my grandma faced was immensely painful. Her heart was broken. However, seeing my grandma at her weakest allowed me to see what it means to be strong. She grievingly faced the pain but eventually found the strength to keep on fishing. My grandma has taught me that in life we all will face the adversity of our darkest hour, but even through grief we still have the gift of life and it is through the hardest times that we must live the most.
![]() |
| My Grandma has not missed any of the big milestones of my life. I feel so thankful she was able to meet both of my boys before she passed away. Here she is with me at my high school graduation. |





1 comment:
Has anything ever bothered you in life? Do you
have any problem you need to solve? A pending
court case you want to resolve in your favor?
Health, relationship and finance. Welcome to
the world of miracles and wonders, there are
supernatural treasure and power to liberate
mankind from all afflictions. Why cant you live a
life of your dream? Why must you work so hard
and yet earn so little? Why cant you be happy
with the one you love and desire or why cant the
one you love reciprocate and appreciate that
love? Why would the doctor tell you there is no
solution or cure to your problems? Why would
your lawyer say you stand no chance, that your
case is hopeless? Have you been cheated by
anyone or those owing you money refuse to pay
back? Do you need a rapid job promotion in
your place of work? You want to venture into
politics? Now I understand certain things are
hard to believe and comprehend, but all I ask
from you is only 3 days and if you will follow my
instructions and use the items you will receive, I
promise your life will never be the same
again.If you find no relevance in the help I offer
I solemnly appeals do not be vindictive and go
in peace. And if your intentions are to take
advantage of the powerful nature of our items
for the purpose of evil, I will not have any
business with you please be advised. May
angels guide you. All inquiries should be
directed to the Priest Abija email below Email:
spirituallighthealing101@live.com or
you can sent a text message to this number:(518) 303-6207!
Post a Comment