Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Return of "Barf"

This title is not what it appears.  No, I am not experiencing morning sickness again (thank the Lord).

As I've mentioned before, my maiden name is Robertson so growing up my initials were BAR.  Harmless enough, right?  I didn't have any significant issues with my name or initials until I went off at college.  At the University of Missouri they issue you a "Pawprint" or username.  They use your initials and follow it up with random letters and numbers.  Of all of the random letters (or was it random???) to be placed next to my initials, what did I get??? That's right. A big ole' F, which made my Pawprint and email "barf" (Barfg4 to be exact).   Throughout my four years at Mizzou I was followed around by Barfg4, and every time it was brought up (think how many times you tell people your email address!) there was always a chuckle or some joke made.  That never got old....

At the beginning of this year I took the GRE and applied for grad school at Mizzou.  I actually intended to start taking classes at the end of March but I was in the midst of the terrible, awful, morning sickness so that didn't happen. As of two weeks ago I officially started graduate classes through Mizzou online.  I currently in a program to achieve my Masters in Educational Technology (EdTech).  I had completely forgotten about Barfg4 until I recieved an email for my graduate program telling me my graduate program Pawprint.  Much to my "excitement" I was reissued my old Pawprint.

Barfg4 lives again!

No comments: