Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

Mother's Day 2013 was awesome!  Going into the weekend Everett brought this hand print home for me from Miss Patti.  Miss Patti (E's babysitter) does such a good job of making every holiday special with cute, thoughtful gifts and/or crafts.  
On Mother's Day morning Tom and Everett hooked me up with some great gifts.   I got a new cell phone cover with E and I's picture on it.  Mini received his or her first ever clothing item, an "I love my big brother" onesie.  While I was pregnant with Everett my mom got me a pregnancy calendar to keep track of fun milestones (or not fun ones--like canceling our trip to Puerto Rico this year because of morning sickness).  I was meaning to order one for Mini Meyer's pregnancy but kept forgetting. Good thing Tom totally hooked me up and got me one for Mother's Day! He also thought ahead and got another milestone calendar for Mini Meyer's first year of life.  These calendars are great for me because I'm terrible at keeping track of a baby book but I'm decent at jotting down thoughts on a calendar. 
We then had a great breakfast with Granny and Gramps and my brother and sister-in-law. 
E looks a bit goofy in the picture below.  We have a heck of a time getting him to take pictures. 
 I'm so dang thankful to be a mom to Everett and Mini Meyer.  It's such a joy.  And I would be remiss if I didn't give a big shout out to Tom for making Mother's Day so special and for being such an awesome partner in the crazy, awesome journey of parenthood. 


No comments: