This year Tom and I will be working through Thanksgiving. I mean, it does make sense that while living in Korea we don't get time off to celebrate an American holiday. However, Tom and I take our holidays seriously and we know that work or no work, Thanksgiving must be honored!!! Our first Thanksgiving celebration was last night (Saturday night) with some friends. In classic Tom Meyer fashion, we brought the green bean casserole.

Check out the spread of food we had! It was the real deal, folks.
Tater mountain!!!
Huge and delicious turkey.
Here's my plate---stuffing, green bean casserole, homemade bread, mashed potatoes with gravy, turkey, and sweet potato goodness. There were a lot of great desserts too, which I didn't capture. I opted for a traditional slice of pumpkin pie.
I think I may have been overly focused on all the food because I now realize that I forgot to take pictures of our friends that we celebrated with! We had a great time and I felt miserably/delightfully full afterward. We have a few more Thanksgiving celebrations to come this week, but it's going to be hard to top this one.
On a very random note, we've had three basketball games this past week. Both teams lost all three of our games. Booooo! During one of the games, one of Tom's boys lost his contact. Thus during half time everyone (including the other team and their cheerleaders) went on the court searching for this contact. It was pretty humerous to watch.


No comments:
Post a Comment