On Sunday night Tom and I got to go to a great dinner (for free!!!) hosted by the Korean University of Missouri Alumni Association. We ate like KINGS!!! It was awesome! And we got to meet a lot of cool people in the process. The current President of the Alumni Chapter here is actually a former congressman for Korea. The Alumni Chapter is actually quite large too. There may be as many as 1,000 Koreans that are MU Alumni!!! Why so many, you may ask? After the Korean War, Harry Truman set up some sort of scholarship for Koreans to go to the University of Missouri. As a result, the dinner was just with the Korean Alumni Committee and the Americans. We felt very blessed to be a part of such a great event.
Click here to see a Storybook I made with Pictures and Descriptions.
Make sure you check out the Storybook to see all the dishes we ate. There were many courses to this meal--it just kept coming and it was so good! Go Tigers!
4 comments:
Sad to have missed out on the Alumni dinner!
it looks like you had a great night. todd was going to go and then our afternoon went completely different than expected. hopefully, there will be another event in the future.
Darby you were missed! I even told Tom during the dinner that I wished you were there.
Kim--hopefully it will work out next time!
Maybe I'll catch the next one ;)
Post a Comment