Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Finish Strong (part 2)

So I can't say that my season contained the drama and ups and downs that Bonnie's did. Our team was pretty consistent throughout the year. We were ranked at or near the top of our conference for most of the season. At the end of the season we ended in a 3 way tie for 1st place because we lost our last game. However, through a somewhat complicated tiebreaker system we still managed to get the #1 seed in the tournament. This is huge because it is the only seed that comes with a bye.

We won our first game against the 5th seeded team and that put us in the finals. There we had a rematch with team that beat us in our last game of the regular season. We came out strong and were up 21-8 at the end of the 1st. But then in the 2nd and 3rd quarters we hit a slump, which has been common for us, and ended up down 33-34 at the end of the 3rd. In the 4th we got our game back on track and ended up winning by 10 or 11.

It was a great game and it was really exciting to be a part of a championship team. I was really proud of our guys because they never gave up and fought really hard the entire time. I love that I got to work with them through last year and this year and see all of the progress that they have made. I will miss getting to work and play basketball with them now that the season is over. Some pics:

Our team and the championship plaques (I dressed up for the game but there was a coaches v. all-stars game after the championship game, then after that presentations)
Do-Hwoe Kim (pronounced doe-hey kim) our tournament MVP.

No comments: