Wednesday, September 9, 2009

free to travel

The latest drama in the Korean international school community was how were schools going to enforce a recent law that said any person coming into the country was quarantined from schools for a week. This law would have a huge impact on international schools because it would basically eliminate most traveling and professional development that teachers could do. We would be locked in Korea. This would affect us personally because Bonnie is going to a wedding back in the US in October and we are leading a mission trip to Nepal in the spring.

Well a group of headmasters got together to figure out what to do with this law and their school's interpretations of it. They came out with a plan that still allows us to travel but still kind of quarantines us at the same time.

I leave today for an IB training trip to Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia. When I get back I must have my temperature taken in the morning and at lunch everyday for a week. Though it sounds annoying I see it as a small price to pay for the freedom to travel at times other than Christmas break and the end of the year.

So I'm off to Malaysia, and Bonnie is left here all by her lonesome self. I guess she does have a car to drive though so it shouldn't be all that bad.

No comments: