Since this is the first week of school, I had my students answer a few questions for me in class so I could learn about their own personal history. The last question on the survey was "tell me about yourself." I had some interesting responses...(I copied these word for word, so I apologize if the English is a bit off at times).
"I like to bake bread and watch animations. Also I have been to a lot of other countries. I do not have a dad."
"First of all, I like music a lot. I listen to my iPod every second. I hate Korean music and listen to classic rock, hip-hop and rock. I also have a dream that I am preparing for, becoming the world's greatest chef. So I go to baking practices after school. Also I love scooter and motorcycles, two years later I can get a license and when I do I am not taking the bus. Also I hate Korea fashion, it looks sorry and although I am Korean I hate 70% of Koreans. So my fashion is just my style I never follow what is popular. So I'm pretty much having a fun life, only out of school. Also I am non-Christian."
"I am an only child and I have a parrot named brad...from Brad Pitt."
"My dad wanted a son but his children are all girls so he calls me a son."
"I like to exercise with my dad. Every weekend we exercise together by walking. I like to go out with my mom to buy clothes."
"I'm not quiet."
"I am but a little log house surrounded by a huge bare field encircled by a forest. At times I may be the little log house, but when excited or moody the field will sprout crops and flowers. Three words that describe me: achieving, strong, but also foolish."
"I'm puzzled but I'm getting solved little by little." (this was accompanied with a picture of a rubic's cube)
"[in five years this student wants to attend] the University of Missouri Columbia because my dad studied at that school and I also want to go there." (yeahhh...Go Mizzou!)
Isn't it interesting what kids say if we just ask them to share about themselves?
3 comments:
such great honesty. love it.
This is great! Do you have your questionnaire as a document you could share with me? I'd love to have a copy!
-Lacy
Lacy, it's a pretty simple sheet but I'd love to send it along. Can you give me your email address? Good luck with school!
Post a Comment