Sunday, October 5, 2008

One connection to America that won't end


Despite the fact that I am over 6000 miles away I refuse to let my love for American football be hindered. Through friends and some internet surfing I have found ways to watch games on the internet. The quality is a bit rough sometimes but I can watch nonetheless. Earlier today I was able to watch the Tigers smash the Nebraska Cornhuskers to little pieces of gravel. It was priceless. I'll be honest I probably keep up better with the news of the NFL here than in the states. There's just not much entertainment when at home other than the internet and my browser always seems to navigate to nfl.com, espn.com, kansascity.com, fantasysports.yahoo.com and so on...

One thing that I am especially proud of is the fact that I managed to stay a part of the fantasy football league I have been in for the past 4 or 5 years. It has been more or less the same 10 guys that whole time give or take a few changes here or there. We even completed the leagues first live in-person draft with me calling in on Skype and another guy calling his picks in by phone. This meant that I had to get up at 5AM but that's what commitment is all about right?

Another first for our league this year was the first international trade. I traded Zach Osborne: Anothony Fasano, Maurice Jones-Drew, and Roy Williams in return for Willie Parker and Randy Moss. I think I got the better end of the deal but only time will tell. They are now members of the Korean Conquerors.

Anyway... Those of you disinterested in football have probably stopped reading by now so I better wrap this up. I love the football and nothing is going to stop me from being a part of all of the action. Not even 6000+ miles. Except for the noon games, that's 2 AM here. I can't do that.
I think in coming posts we will be discussing some great Korean innovations. There are many things here that we find ourselves asking, "Why don't we have these in America?"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tom, I am proud of you. Thank you for your dedication even in Korea. Keep rockin!!